Our little community is almost four months old and I'm still all 🥰 every time I think about just how awesome you all are.
I truly believe everyone in this group has some expertise that would help someone else in the community—and I want to help you share that knowledge so we can all grow together.
Enter our new Get Involved page with, well, ways to get involved!
Here are a few ideas from it:
- Write an article — What do you know how to do that could save another ops pro some time? Or help them do their job better? It could be a tutorial for a great tool, a case study on how you solved a tricky problem, or even just some best practices that you had to learn the hard way. Sky's the limit!
- Give a lightning talk — I build short talks into every meetup so we can all learn something new in a short amount of time. What could you teach someone in 5-10 minutes that could improve their workflow?
- Forward some links — Every week, I share resources and opportunities in the newsletter that I think are helpful for folks in our fields. If you come across a great podcast, book, article, or event, lmk so I can add it!
- Spread the word — Share the community on Twitter, LinkedIn, or (even better!) directly with the Opsy folks you know and love.
And, if you have something else in mind, hit reply and let me know. I'd love to chat with you!
Marketing operations is a growing specialty within both marketing and operations. But what is it really?
We interviewed specialists from the Opsy community to get all of your questions answered, including:
- What marketing operations is and why it's important for growing teams
- The tools and processes that specialists use to get their jobs done
- Who does the job–the roles, duties, and pay ranges you can expect to find within the specialty
- And how to break into marketing operations too!
Check out the Opsy Guide to Marketing Operations to hear from our experts on these topics + more.
Links & Opportunities
Have an opsy article, podcast, or event to share? Hit reply to let me know.
Zapier: The $7B Netflix of Productivity — Nerd alert! This incredibly deep dive into Zapier and the no-code industry at large was a rabbit hole I fell down last week. Interesting for both no-coders and people interested in the business of startups more broadly.
11 Trends that Will Shape Work in 2022 and Beyond — This HBR report has lots of interesting takeaways to mull over. Relevant for just about all of us! (h/t Nicole)