Opsy is a community of operations pros working in tech.
Our goal is to:
- Spotlight great ops work & the people who are doing it
- Help ops people grow their networks and their expertise
Which means there are lots of ways to get involved!
How to get involved
Write something for the blog/newsletter
We regularly create educational content for our blog and newsletter that helps us all sharpen our skills. First and foremost, we're looking for content that saves people time and/or helps them get better at their jobs.
Some possible formats include:
- A tutorial for a tool that you love & think others should know about
- A case study on how you solved a big or common ops problem
- Best practices for an opsy topic you love or recently had reason to dig into, e.g. planning a team retreat during Covid times
Give a lightening talk at a meetup
We build 1-3 lightning talks into every Opsy meetup. These talks are 5-10 minutes long, fast-paced, and a little more bite-sized than a blog post.
The idea is to introduce the community to a new idea or way of doing things in a really short amount of time.
Past talks include:
- Holistic manifestos - what they are & why your company should have one
- Best practices for asynchronous remote work
- How to create documentation faster with Tango
Sponsor the community
If your business offers a product or service that's a perfect fit for opsy folks, consider sponsoring an upcoming episode of the podcast or our next meetup.
You can fill out the form below to express interest and we'll get back to you right away.
Spread the word
We're always looking to meet more ops people doing great work. Help us spread the word by share the community on Twitter, LinkedIn, or (even better) directly with the opsy folks you know and love. 💜