Have you listened to the latest episode of the Opsy podcast?
If you've been thinking about how to strategically grow your ops career and/or find your next role, this is one episode you have to listen too.
I chatted with experienced COO Barrett Brooks about so many things, including:
- How to identify your next role and go after it in a strategic way
- Creating opportunities for yourself by being active in communities (like Opsy!)
- The upsides and downsides of bootstrapping a team through huge growth
- The professional development expense that ConvertKit spent $12,000/month on 👀
- And why he left a famously remote company to start commuting again
Links & Opportunities
Have an opsy article, podcast, or event to share? Hit reply to let me know.
Stitching Together Looms: Loom is one of my favorite tools for team communication and you can now stitch together multiple videos within the tool itself. It's a huge win for async teams who want to pre-record presentations with multiple people, as well as sales and customer support teams who want to add personalized intros to existing product walk throughs, tutorials, etc.
Introducing Two-way Writeups: Notion competitor Coda shared the internal format (called a "two-way writeup") that they've used to replace presentations and memos. There are some interesting takeaways, even if you're not using Coda.
LGBTQ+ Corporate Equality Index: The Human Rights Campaign released their annual report on LGBT+ representation at companies across the spectrum. I don't put a lot of stock in "best places to work" lists, but the numbers themselves are helpful benchmarks as you think about diversity on your team.